Photo Copyright: Robin Carleton
Why are there so many people out there paddling boats that are "too big for them"?
I'm 120 lbs, 5'5, paddle a Diesel 80, and absolutely LOVE it. It drives a line, boofs like a dream, resurfaces in little to no time at all, and carries speed amazingly well. I couldn't imagine a better creeker.
According to the "weight range," I should be paddling a Diesel 70. So why do I choose to paddle a Diesel 80?
My Top 7 Reasons for Paddling a Big Boat:
1. Big boats with little people in them float higher than if we were in little boats. This is sweet when it comes to cruising through shallow sections. Scrapey sections becomes less scrapey.
2. Big boats with little people in them resurface FAST and boof BIG!!
3. Big boats have lots and lots of storage room for those fun multi-day river trips.
4. Big boats with little people get up to speed fast and hold their speed.
5. Big boats offer an added security feature of more surface area and plastic to take an impact. Lets us add more foam at the feet to protect our ankles too!
6. Big boats allow river runners to turn into creekers for us small-folk.
7. Big boats look cool in citrus ;)
Thanks Wave Sport for making Big boats so comfortable, easy to outfit, and awesome on the river for us little people!